- Employment Opportunities
- Shenandoah Valley Teacher Job Fair (February)
- LFCC Regional Teacher Recruitment Fair
- Substitute Teacher Registration Form
- Substitute Teacher Job Description
- Substitute Teacher Handbook
- Substitute Teacher Folder
New Employee Forms
New hires need to complete the following forms:
- State Tax Form (VA W-4)
- Federal Tax Form (W-4)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form
- Social Services Background Check Form
- Direct Deposit Payroll Form
Benefits - Insurance - Retirement
For questions on any of these topics, please contact Bonita Seely.
- Benefit Plans
- FMLA Rights and Responsibilities
- Hybrid Employees - Short Term Disability Handbook
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- VRS Designation of Beneficiary
- VRS News (to subscribe to the VRS Quarterly Benefits Newsletter)
- VDOE Teacher Licensure Website
- Application for Initial Teacher License
- Application for License Renewal
Required Training Modules
- Child Abuse Recognition & Intervention Training
- Dyslexia Awareness Training
- Virginia State & Local Civic Education Module
Any individual licensed and endorsed to teach (i) middle school civics or economics or (ii) high school government or history who is seeking renewal of such license is required to demonstrate knowledge of Virginia history or state and local government by completing a module or professional development course specifically related to Virginia history or state and local government that has a value of five professional development points.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification or Training (VDOE info)
The safety of our staff and students is of utmost importance. That's why we're pleased to offer the SafeSchools online training system to our employees. We're confident you'll find these courses to be informative and helpful towards maintaining a safe learning environment and meeting the teaching license requirements established by the Virginia Department of Education.
**Note: Teachers are now required to participate in "hands on" training as part of the Teacher Licensing Process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination. It is our goal to increase the diversity in our workforce and to provide the best work environment possible. Our senior management team regularly receives and reviews affirmative action reports and has the responsibility to monitor progress, reinforce policies and hold the organization accountable to meet objectives.